ISAFE Direct AUP
CIPA requires schools to communicate an annual Internet policy plan, commonly referred to as an AUP, before receiving reimbursements for communications services through the E-Rate program.
These documents are often several pages in length, must be signed by a verified adult and the child, returned and then and stored for 10 years in case of audit.
Today, most schools still rely on paper-based AUP processes that are expensive, challenging to execute, inflexible, and open to potential fraud.
ISAFE Direct AUP enables customized AUP plan creation:
- Simple, prompt driven process. Done in minutes.
- Use ready-made templates or create your own.
- Customize plans by school, grade or teacher.
- Update any time of the year.
- Insert rich topic relevant videos, in a single click.
- Digital delivery creates great experience, no paper.
ISAFE Direct AUP facilitates higher certainty of true VPC:
- Send plans to verified adults from your directory.
- Publish digitally, and notify parents by mail and text.
- Parents use a secure portal to review and digitally sign.
- No personal information is exposed in the process.
- No classroom time required.
- Documents are 100% under control at all times.
ISAFE Direct AUP provides real time reporting & validation
- Progress “report card” by district, school & teacher.
- Administrator sees parent & child status in real time.
- Enables quick, targeted follow up.
- Provides 3rd party validation of completion.
ISAFE Direct removes all the pain of storage and potential audits
- Documents, compliance validation stored for 10 years.
- Digital execution means no paper storage, hard costs.
- Easily searchable.
- Reports created at any time in case of audit.
ISAFE Direct AUP saves a typical district 86% of their current costs:
- Do it yourself AUP systems are expensive to create and maintain vs i-SAFE’s service.
- No staff time is required to update the system, storage is in the cloud, IT staff can focus on new high impact solutions.